Cube AMS 100 Super HPC Full Suspension Mountain Bike 2012
Carbon racing bike with balanced dynamic geometry for professionals and performance-oriented riders in marathons and races. 100mm of fully active suspension travel due to Size Tuned Kinematic.
Cube AMS 100 Super HPC Full Suspension Mountain Bike Technologies:
- HPC Super: Modells bearing the SUPER HPC logo are our top-quality products. From many years of experience in the HPC field new optimisation know-how is generated time and time again, which is then implemented in the SUPER HPC models. Numerous details of this line are refined and optimised and the limits of what is feasible are pushed ever higher and higher. For this exclusively high-quality carbon fibres and matrices are used. In addition the ADVANCED TWIN MOLD process is used exclusively in order to minimise manufacturing tolerances and to avoid superfluous use of material.
- Tapered Steerer: This new steering tube design is more rigid and generates a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Due to the direct power transmission the greatest possible steering precision is generated. With the larger fork shaft the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integral. On CUBE carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved.
- Efficient Ride Control: Here particular attention has been given to the fact that irrespective of body size EVERY rider can have the optimum and identical riding experience. Here on a model-by-model basis we have differently designed the linkage geometry so that all frame heights have the same travel and suspension ratio (STK).In addition the kinematics have been optimised specifically to travel in respect of sensitivity, drive and no bossing. For this it was necessary to specially position all rear pivot points. Whether the rider is large or small, with any of these models he will always have the optimum ride experience.
- FSP 4 Link: The requirement for a continuously active and fully usable travel: The rear triangle is not affected by pedalling or especially braking forces. Regardless of the fact that a variety of other possibilities exists, we employ a four pivot chain stay construction. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chain stay; this ensures that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. Thereby via the appropriate positioning of the remaining pivots, we obtain the finest riding qualities for our fullsuspension bikes in terms of uphill as well as downhill abilities.
- Wet Paint Surface: On polished and brushed aluminium and all HPC frames the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. We use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Integrated Post Mount:The Postmount breaking absorption makes it possible for us to save extra parts. The not needed IS adapter with bolts saves approx. 30 g. This may not seem much, but it shows the potential comprised in the details.
- Integrated Cable Routing: Internally routed cables offer many advantages: clean appearance, cables are protected from dirt and therefore have a considerably longer life and the not required external housing saves weight.
- Fox DTC Customized Setup: Elaborative developed kinematics are only able to function correctly if the associated suspension shocks is properly tuned to it. Connected with the new Fox Float RP23 Boost Valve shock and the DHX RC4 shock, we could achieve the best optimised performance.
- Press Fit BB: With press-fit bearings, the outer bearing ring is pressed directly into the frame housing and not screwed-in as usual. With its wider housing, the down tube and the chain stays are joined with the full width. Because the width of the housing is a parameter in calculating the stiffness, every millimetre of additional width gives a significant improvement of lateral stiffness, whilst retaining the comfort-bringing resilience of the chain stays.
- Size Tuned Kinamatic: Size Tuned Kinematic is a four-pivot suspension technology developed exclusively by CUBE. It guarantees that every frame in every size will have exactly the same dynamic properties for the designed and factual travel and response. To reach this, separate links had to be developed for each frame size.
- FSS - Frame Save System: To protect our high-end aluminium frames, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- Advanced Twin Mold: Folds are prevented to curl up even during the baking session in a continuous control procedure. With this procedure, it is possible to increase the carbon content (and use less matrix resin). The result is similar stability at lower weight. Positive side-effect of this method: optically perfect layering.
Cube AMS 100 Super HPC Full Suspension Mountain Bike Specifications:
- Frame: HPC Monocoque ERC Advanced Twin Mold Technology
- Forks: Rock Shox SID RLT 100mm, Motion Control, PopLoc
- Rear Suspension: Fox Performance Float RP23 BV 165x38mm length
- Headset: FSA Orbit I_T -R integrated
- Stem: Syntace F109 Oversized
- Handlebars: Syntace Vector Carbon Lowrider Oversized
- Grip: CUBE Ultralight Screw-On-Race-Grip
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT RD-M780 Shadow 10-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT FD-M780 Down Swing, 34.9mm, 10-speed
- Shifter: Shimano Deore XT SL-M780-10 Rapidfire-Plus, 10-speed
- Brakes: Formula R1 hydr. discbrake (180/160mm)
- Cranks: Shimano Deore XT FC-M780 Hollowtech II 42x32x24T, 175mm, Press-Fit BB, 3x10 speed
- Wheels: DT CSW MA 2.0 straighpull wheelset, 28 spokes, QR
- Tyres: Schwalbe Rocket Ron Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25
- Tubes: Schwalbe MTB leicht SV14
- Pedals: None
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR
- Seat Post: Syntace P6 Carbon 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Syntace Superlock 34.9mm
- Weight: 10.7 kg